Thursday 14 March 2013

Final & evaluation




For this brief I have made a book jacket for Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, and on it have included my own imagery from my photo-shoot and also an image of my self with a small bit of information, as well as a barcode, and a QR code that will is linked to my online blog, I have done this so that the book, the blog and the website can all be linked together. I really liked parts of this brief, like setting up a blog and website and seeing how other photographers and other people in the art and design business like graphic designers use blogs to promote them selves and there work, I also liked the fact that we managed to learn simple things like the QR code which is simple and easy to make and can be effective.
I like my final idea as it is what I aimed to do, it looks like an interesting book cover aimed more towards the adult audience, I also like how plain the front cover is and its not crammed with pointless information and reviews. I also like thus use of negative space and that the font used for the title is in an easy, clear and readable san serif font. I particularly like the spine of the book as I think have a small image of the front-page looks really interesting and I like how the copy for the title all lines up and looks well presented. Then on the back I think I could have done better to line everything up perfectly as some things are a fraction out, but I like the back image and how parts, were the copy is, are faded to make it more easy to read and I also like the lay out from the blurb to the reviews. The few things I don’t like about this are the inside flaps as I don’t think they look as creative as the rest of the book and let it down a bit, but overall I am really pleased with the final outcome of this book cover jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment